Thanks to my job I was able to go to Glasgow in September, and I took the opportunity to stay in Edinburgh for the weekend. The tea and scones addict that I am just loved being in Scotland. I mean, when in doubt, cream tea is always the answer. Always. And I even loved some tearoom's scones so much that I asked for the recipe and they gave it to me! I will definitely try it very soon.
Sans savoir comment je me suis retrouvée en business class dans un 747.
No idea how it happened but I was seated in business class on a 747. Best 45 minutes of my life!
Adresses à Glasgow pour dîner/boire un verre // Adresses in Glasgow to dine/have a drink :
- Babbity Bowster: 16-18 Blackfriars Street
- Café Gandolfi : 64 Albion Street
- Home (cocktails) : 80 Albion Street
A Edinburgh, j'ai fait 2 visites le samedi, dont une gratuite et un food tour (un peu cher mais c'est sympa de découvrir des coins de la ville moins touristiques et en goûtant différentes spécialités!) puis suis allée le dimanche à Calton Hill et Arthur's Seat (randonnée plus ardue que je le pensais).
In Edinburgh I did 2 visits on Saturday, one of them was free and the other was a food tour (a little bit expensive but it is nice to discover less touristy spots while sampling super delicious food!) then on Sunday I walked to Calton Hill and hiked to Arthur's Seat (it was really a hike, much harder than I thought!).
Et on finit par une note gourmande! // For a sweet finish!
Adresses à Edinburgh // Adresses in Edinburgh:
- Visite gratuite (laisser tout de même un pourboire): http://www.newedinburghtours.com
- Food tour: Edinburgh food safari
- Prendre un thé/Have a tea: Casa Angelina (42 London Street), Clarinda's Tearoom (69 Canongate)
- Manger/Eat: Riperian Rooms (7-11 E London Street), Safari Lounge (21 Cadzow Place)
- Un peu-beaucoup de shopping: The Marshmallow Lady (homemade marshmallows,14 Rodney Street), Concrete Wardrobe (unique products from Scottish designers, 50A Broughton Street), Curiouser and Curiouser (prints and products from Scottish designers, 93 Broughton Street), The Fudge House (197 Canongate), Gordon Nicolson Kiltmakers (super high quality tartan products, 189 Canongate), Cranachan and Crowdie (Scottish gifts, 263 Canongate), Lickety Splits (candies and prints, 6 Jeffrey Street).